Sunday, April 23, 2006

Embracing Now, Dreaming of Tomorrow

My job is great. Here's an example... Last month I put in many many long days of work, 83 flight hours and well over 160 duty hours, probably somewhere around 250 duty hours (duty day hours is 1 hour before scheduled dept to 15 mins after landing final landing of the day). It was a lot of time spent away from home, but I loved every minute of it.
Now this past week I've worked nil days and next week is sounding a little slow also, and it's not that I don't like being at home around my beautiful wife, but I just am really really craving to get back to work. Not just cause I get bored but because I love to fly and experiance the learning and growth that comes along with every hour spent in the air.
I'm at frequent visiter to airliners.net, this latest photo got me really excited about my career and where I plan to go.
Chicago, Illinois


Here is where I frequently go now. And I get excited about this too!
"Some Dusty, Soft and Short Strip", Saskatchewan


Don't get me wrong, I don't just live for the future, but I enjoy ever minute I spend working in and out of the gravel strips I frequently accomidate. And I like the idea of climbing the ladder to get where I want to go, always having something a little bigger to fly and maybe a destination a little further away. I think that is what I really enjoy about aviation, not forgetting the hard work of a low approach or the beautiful office view at 21'000 feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home