Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Line Checkout

Yesterday was my final line check ride for the King Air 200, which consisted of flying with a senior pilot on a trip up to Collins Bay. Basically, there was nothing different about this flight as opposed to all my previous flights except for the "linecheck" that was printed beside my name on the schedule.

The captain I flew with was the same one I had done my ride and previous other trips with. He is always a good time. There is about 5 captains for the King Airs in our company so naturely I have flown with all of them more than once. Today my Captain and I got talking about some of his friends that had ended up flying for Air Canada and other major airlines. He told me of them flying for years with the same airline and only a handful of times flying twice with the same pilot. Hard to imagine, that is a lot of employees in one company. We talked about where I wanted to go with my flying career, and the pros and cons of all the different routes a pilot could take. My decision was that where ever I was to go, I was going to enjoy the ride there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home