Sunday, March 18, 2007

1000 Hours in the Pocket


Coming Up On The System


1438 Local
42 DME South of La Ronge
FL210

After a long morning of holding for weather a window opened up up North and so we set off into the sunny blue southern skies for a gray snowy North. Now 30 minutes later after leaving the solid earth behind, we are just coming up on the system that has taken hold of the North for the past few hours. We'll be above it until our decent. But I'm also coming up to something else. The ol' 1000 flight hours mark. After 2 1/2 years training, 3 years fuelling and 1 and a bit years working as a pilot I've finally arrived at the always distant 1000 hour mark. Funny, I don't feel as pro as I thought I guy with a 1000 hours would. I see the many pilots around me with many more hours and know that I have but just written a number in my log book that tells of a pilot still in the early learning stages of his career. Still lots to experience and learn. But hey it has been fun getting here, and I look forward to the next thousand to roll by.

But back to flying, I've gotta give one of our bases a call for the latest weather at our destination. I know it won't be great but I'm hoping it's still above the minimums to get in.

3 Comments:

At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your writing is really coming along nicely: you tell a good story these days.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job on the hours!!! I just may consider aviation...let's see there's 30660 hours in 3.5 years and you've only had to work for a thousand of those....hmmm...I definitely am getting ripped off being a pipeliner... really considering the big switch...hahaha.love you lots man - the coolest sis you know...

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Aviatrix said...

I'm bitter. When I had a thousand hours I couldn't get a job like yours. Now I have 4000 and they won't hire me on a B1900 because I have "too much time."

Go and do it and do a good job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home